- 1 whole chicken, washed and dried
- 1 tbsp rosemary
- Salt to taste
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp butter
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 spring rosemary
- 6 garlic, unpeeled
- 3 kaffir lime leaves, crushed (optional)
- Zest of 1/2 Kaffir Lime (optional)
- 1 lemongrass, smashed (optional)
- Pound the rosemary with the salt. Add the garlic and olive oil and pound again. Do not have to be too fine a paste. Add the black pepper and butter.
- Rub this mixture all over the chicken including inside the cavity and in between the skin and flesh of the chicken.
- Stuff the cavity with the bay leaves, rosemary, garlic, kaffir lime leaves and zest and lemongrass.
- Bake in the oven at 180°C in a baking dish for 1 hour.