- 150g brie
- 1 cup rose petals (the fragrant type – unsprayed with chemicals), washed and dried
- 1 tbsp gelatin
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 1 cup apple juice
- Remove the rind from the top of the cheese.
- Arrange rose petals on and around brie wheel.
- In a small bowl, soften gelatin in the 1/4 cup cold water for 5 minutes. In a saucepan set over moderate heat, combine apple juice with softened gelatin and heat, stirring, until gelatin is dissolved. Transfer to a bowl and let cool, stirring.
- Gently brush flowers and cheese with gelatin mixture and chill until set. Serve with crackers bread or as required.
NB: Please do not buy the commercial roses as they have been sprayed with pesticides. The roses should be organically grown. So grow them in your garden or balcony.