- 10 asparagus, blanched in hot water for 2 minutes and again in ice water for 5 minutes, cut into 1 inch length
- 2 tomatoes, peeled and cubed
- 2 oranges, peeled and sliced
- 2 small avocados, peeled and cubed
- 1 onion, sliced into rings
- 1/4 cup flaked almonds
- 2 figs, or 4 dates, chopped for garnish
- 10 basil leaves for garnish
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 red chilli, chopped
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- Salt and black pepper
- To make the dressing, put all the dressing ingredients in a jar, which has a tight fitting lid. Close the lid and shake the jar to thoroughly mix all the ingredients.
- In a bowl, toss the avocado and the tomatoes with half the dressing.
- In a serving dish, arrange the asparagus, oranges, and scatter the onion rings. Drizzle with the rest of the dressing. Spoon the avocado and tomatoes over it, followed by the almonds, figs/dates and basil. Serve right away.