Avocado Gazpacho Soup
Serves 4-5 cups
- 2 no. ripe Avocado
- 2 no. Bell Peppers – green/yellow/red/orange
- 1/2 no. Cucumber
- 6 no. Cherry tomatoes
- 2 no. Lime juice
- 1 Green chilli
- 3 Cloves garlic
- 2 Onions
- Black Pepper
- Ice Water
- Pre heat oven to grill mode/ 180′ C.
- Roast bell peppers whole for 5-10 minutes till soft.
- Remove from oven and leave to cool in a paper bag for 10 mins (this helps in the peeling of the skin). Peel the skin.
- De-seed avocado, cut into small cubes.
- Chop finely garlic, shallots and green chilli.
- Remove the seeds of the cherry tomato and cut into small cubes.
- Half the cucumber and peel it’s skin. Remove the seeds inside and cut into small cubes.
- Remove the seeds inside of the bell peppers and cut into small cubes.
- Add all of the above ingredients and leave a small portion out.
- Blitz in a hand-blender just slightly to a semi-coarse/semi-smoothie texture.
- Add the left out portion along with the herbs and adjust seasoning -salt/black pepper/lime juice.
- Top with plain yoghurt and cracker.
- Serve in tea cups or small bowls and garnish with coriander leaf.
Food Sorceress’ Note: The addition of plain yoghurt and cracker is optional. An alternative to yoghurt, you could use sour cream, creme fresh.