- 12 round rice paper
- For the filling:
- 100 g thin rice/bean thread vermicelli
- 12 lettuce leaves, cut in half and ribs removed
- 1 carrot, julienne
- 1 cucumber, julienne
- 12 strawberries, sliced thinly
- 24 basil leaves
- 24 mint leaves
- Soak the vermicelli in 2 cups of hot water until it is soft. Drain and set aside.
- To assemble, dip a sheet of rice paper in warm water, until it is pliable. Transfer onto a damp towel to avoid sticking.
- Place lettuce leave on the rice paper, leaving 1 inch border on each side and at the bottom. Place 1 tbsp of vermicelli, 1 tbsp carrot, 1 tbsp cucumber., a few slices of strawberries and 2 basil and 2 mint leaves.
- Roll the rice paper away from you and tuck the ends in halfway and finish to obtain a tight cylinder.
- Place the spring roll on its seam on a flat dish and cover it with a damp towel and keep it the refrigerator until it is served.
- Just before serving, cut the rice paper rolls into half on the bias. Serve with your favourite hot chilli sauce.