Recipe 1: Rosemary Baked Chicken
- 1 whole chicken, washed and dried
- 1 tbsp rosemary
- salt to taste
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp butter
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 spring rosemary
- 6 garlic, unpeeled
- 3 kaffir lime leaves, crushed (optional)
- Zest of 1/2 Kaffir Lime (optional)
- 1 lemongrass, smashed (optional)
- Pound the rosemary with the salt. Add the garlic and olive oil and pound again. Do not have to be too fine a paste. Add the black pepper and butter.
- Rub this mixture all over the chicken including inside the cavity and in between the skin and flesh of the chicken.
- Stuff the cavity with the bay leaves, rosemary, garlic, kaffir lime leaves and zest and lemongrass.
- Bake in th oven at 180C in a baking dish for 1 hour.
Recipe 2: Rosemary Mayonnaise
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 4 garlics, pounded
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh rosemary
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste
Mix all ingredients in small bowl to blend.
Makes a great spread for sandwiches or as an accompaniment for fish, meats or vegetables.
Recipe 3: Rosemary Vinegar
- 2-3 cups cider or white wine vinegar
- 6 tbsp rosemary leaves, chopped
- 4 springs of rosemary
- Heat the vinegar in a stainless steel pot until it is about to boil and turn off heat. Add the chopped rosemary into the pot, cover and leave it aside for 3 days for the rosemary flavour to infuse into the vinegar.
- After 3 days, strain the vinegar into a clean and stearilised glass bottle. Push in the spring of rosemary into the bottle. Close the cap of the bottle.
Use this within a week. If you want to keep it longer, remove the spring of herb and it will keep for 3 months.
Use this to make dressing for salads.
Rosemary Olive Oil
2-3 cups light olive oil
2 bay leaves
4 springs of rosemary Method
1. Pour the oil into a clean and stearilised glass bottle. Push in the bay leaves and springs of rosemary into the bottle. Close the cap of the bottle.
Let the flavours infuse for 1 week before using. It will keep for 1 month.
Use this to make dressing for salads or use it in pasta or in any way you like.