Recipe 1: Orgasmic Spiced Almond Vanilla Smoothie
- 1 cup milk
- 5 whole cloves
- 3 cardamom pods
- 1 inch cinnamon stick
- 1-2 tbsp ground almond
- 1 vanilla pod, split
- 1 cup vanilla frozen yogurt
- Honey to taste
- Place milk, cloves, cardamom, cinnamon and almonds in a saucepan.
- Scrape in vanilla seeds from pod. Heat milk over medium heat but do not boil. Remove from heat and allow to cool, then refrigerate until chilled.
- Strain milk into a blender goblet and discard spices.
- Add frozen yogurt and honey to taste. Blend until smooth and frothy.
Recipe 2: Perfumed Garden Salad
- 10 asparagus, blanched in hot water for 2 mins and again in ice water for 5 min, cut into 1 inch length
- 2 tomatoes, peeled and cubed
- 2 oranges, peeled and sliced
- 2 small avocados, peeled and cubed 1 onion, sliced into rings
- 1/4 cup flaked almonds
- 2 figs, or 4 dates, chopped for garnish
- 10 basil leaves for garnish
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 red chilli, chopped
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- Salt and black pepper
- To make the dressing, put all the dressing ingredients in a jar, which has a tight fitting lid. Close the lid and shake the jar to thoroughly mix all the ingredients.
- In a bowl, toss the avocado and the tomatoes with half the dressing.
- In a serving dish, arrange the asparagus, oranges, and scatter the onion rings. Drizzle with the rest of the dressing. Spoon the avocado and tomatoes over it, followed by the almonds, figs/dates and basil. Serve at once.
Recipe 3: Chocolate Fondue
- 1 cup thick cream
- 250g good quality dark chocolate
- Heat the cream in a saucepan until it boils and turn off the heat
- Place the chocolate in a bowl. Pour the hot cream over the chocolate. Mix until the chocolate is incorporated into the cream.
- Dip a selection of cut fruits (strawberry, pear, mango, pineapple) into the warm chocolate for a delicious and fun end to a meal.